Imagine yourself on the cover of the Natural Awakenings Yoga Month issue! Submit your photos by August 6th for the chance to be featured on our September cover or in our special Yoga Month section.
- Both vertical and horizontal photos are acceptable but only vertical images will be considered for the cover.
- Photos should be 300dpi and at least 8x11 for the cover. Photos for interior pages should be at least 4 inches wide.
- All photos should be sharp and in focus.
- Photos can be of individuals or groups.
- The background of the photo should not be too busy and you should leave copy space—this is empty space (like a blue sky or white wall) in the photo where we can place words. It’s better to give us lots of extra background area that can be cropped to our needs, than too little.
- All submissions are subject to cropping and minor editing by Natural Awakenings. Unless you have professional editing experience, please do not do very much editing before submitting your photos. It often reduces the quality of the image.
- Need some inspiration? Visit our digital archive on Issuu to look at previous September issues. All of our September issues since 2011 feature locally shot yoga covers plus yoga photos in the yoga section. Note that we are interested in advanced yoga poses as well as basic poses. Here’s a link: https://issuu.com/meraiko/docs
- Submissions are due by 8am Monday, August 6, 2018. Limit 3 submissions per person.
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment (not embedded in email body) with the following info:
- where was the photo taken
- who is in the photo
- photo credit (who took the photo)
- There is no cost to submit your photos. If you are interested in advertising your yoga business, contact us to request options and rates.